- A feeling of being 'Spaced Out'
- Feeling sick
- Heart palpitations
- Eyes flickering
- Weight gain
- Static shocks
- Falling asleep when meditating
- Noise and light sensitive
- Having brilliant ideas that never happen
- Arguing and unable to get your point across
Even if you don't have a higher source or aren't spiritual, it still well worth to be grounded because Grounding/Earthing is all about the awareness that we are still in a physical body.
Grounding is effective because of the following:
- Brings life in to matter and to be able to bring our healing abilities into the physical.
- Increases balance and stability in our physical and our emotional state.
- Helps bring acceptance that we are here to fulfil a purpose.
- Brings strength.
- Helps in creating a bridge between Spirit and matter.
- Provides an outlet making the release (of energy) easier.
- Allows the attainment of higher Spiritual levels.
A simple little exercise that can help you ground yourself is to imagine your legs as the roots of a thick, solid Oak tree that is sinking into the soil of Mother Earth and firmly rooting your roots into the core of the Earth. Or, you can simply imagine yourself as a huge mountain that can not be moved and your foundation is firmly set into Gia (earth). You can also picture the root chakra color red.
If you are not able to ground yourself this way there are other methods. Sometimes, it is hard for people to ground themselves with these examples because it is easier to imagine ourselves coming from above to the earth. That is fine also because we need our crown chakra in alignment with our root chakra in order to be grounded. Our crown chakra is what connects us to our higher selves and our divine. You can imagine a bright, white light is flooding your crown chakra and this light starts to flood from the crown all the way to your feet, the root chakra, grounding you into the Earth.
There are other ways you can ground yourself with activities like yoga, walking barefooted, gardening, fitness, carrying crystals with you, being around nature and animals, eating healthy, and drinking water.
Once you start grounding yourself, the possibilities are endless!