- Protects your bone and muscle mass.
- Keeps the weight off.
- Makes you stronger and fitter.
- Tones your muscles by contracting them with a resistant force creating more muscles
- Improves brain mentality and energy function.
- Helps burn more calories
- Prevents disease.
- Smith Machine-This machine prevents you from getting the full benefit from your squats because you are limited in your range of motion causing you to only focus on a few leg muscles. It can also cause injury to your back and knees if your form is not correct. You get better results with free weight squats.
- Abduction/adduction machines- This machine does not spot reduce fat like most conclude and only isolates. Full compound movements are better for your legs and thigh area.
- Behind-the-head lat pull-downs-Some people may not have the shoulder flexibility to perform this exercise and sometimes don't keep their back straight without realizing it. However, when done correctly there are awesome results.
Free weights can include a number of different type of weights. They can be dumbbells, medicine balls, kettle bells, barbells, ankle & wrist weights, and the list just goes on. They even include resistant bands.
Weight machines and Free weights are both great for everyday workout routines because they all create muscle confusion which is needed to prevent plateaus and create fat burn. However, if you consistently only do the weight machines by themselves eventually you could end up on a plateau which is why both is better than just one. With free weights, you will always have that variety.